Ribbing update

So apparently I’m not the only one who’s found that the ribbing trick doesn’t work. At knitting tonight, we had a whole little gang of angst-filled ribbers.There was a picking vs. throwing debate (pickers don’t have this problem?), but no concrete proof that the little stitch n bitch tip works. Diana focused hard on loosening the first stich of the rib and tightening the last, and that seemed to work for her (yay, diana!), but that’s what I’d been trying before, so not personally encouraging.

Despite that, here are the two front panels so far. I was planning to knit them at the same time so I didn’t have to worry so much about counting for the pockets, but once again talking and knitting didn’t quite work out. I must have been turning too soon because I had about seven more rows on the right side than the left. I also completely abandonned the row counter. Oops.

One thought on “Ribbing update”

  1. I’m dealing with that issue myself right now on the Vogue Cable Cardi. The whole back is 3×3 rib, as are the sleeves. My swatch looked like crap, so what I do is do the first purl stitch really tight, instead of the last knit stitch. I need to remember to loosen up on the first knit stitch, because mine are all pretty small. The bummer is not tightening up all over while trying to change tension every few stitches. I have to say, that while not perfect, it is looking pretty nice. MUCH better than that wretched swatch.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *