A little bit of sewing

Another project that I intended to complete pre-baby, and then haven’t been able to find the time for: a breastfeeding cover. But today turned out to be the day, and even with the baby feeding breaks and my slow pace these days, this was a quick project. I found a pattern, set up the machine and ironing board, and cut the pieces between one set of feedings, and then pressed the pieces and seamed them up between the next set. Even ignoring the breaks I didn’t clock in at the stated 35 minutes, but it was definitely under an hour and the cost was around $5 (compared to $35 for the commercial version). A success!

I’m finally starting to feel ready to reengage with the world, after about five weeks of preferring to stay put at home with minimal obligations. But the breastfeeding outside our home piece has been so daunting to me – quite the advanced maneuver and all sorts of logistics – yet he needs to eat and it would be nice to be able to do that wherever, discretely and with a minimum of hoopla. I’m very hopeful that the cover will be the perfect thing and make the difference between heading out freely and feeling obligated to stay at or close to home. Fingers crossed!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *